Wednesday 4 August 2021

Mid-Week Flash Challenge - Week 211

This image is taken from a short film called Coven by writer/director Mark Borchardt. It was taken from a gif, which is found here where there is a review of the film. 

The General Guidelines can be found here.

How to create a clickable link in Blogger comments can be found on lasts week's post here

There is also a Facebook group for Mid-Week Flash, if you fancy getting the prompt there.




The Voices

They crowd in, getting closer and closer. I am powerless to stop them. I want to scream at them to leave me alone, to go away, that I am done with them, but I am paralysed with fear. Their darkness flows round them, like capes billowing in the wind, demanding that I join them; that I convert to their way of thinking, but I refuse. I will not be turn to their beliefs.

I am a good person. I have value. I am not wretched. I do not have to prove myself or justify my existence. I am not a burden. I do not have to be subservient to others to give my life meaning. I am enough as I am.

They kept coming, pushing in, closer and closer, their whispers starting to fill my head. I push their words back, not allowing their voices in to twist my thoughts and mind, filling it with ideas that will lead me to become as dark as them.  

I will not succumb to that darkness, to that fate. I am strong. I can be more than the demons that surround me. I can resist and hold firm in my inner faith and believe in my fundamental goodness.

They are jostling me and taunting me, daring me to be a part of the darkness they encompass. But I resist. They will not have me.

I breathe deeply, and they take a step back. I take another breath and they fall back further. They recede and I feel relief. I don’t fear them anymore. They can not turn me against myself. Their nasty words hold no power over me. I am worthy.


No comments :

Post a Comment