Thursday 31 October 2013

Visual Dare - Parallel


It's been a while since I have written a Visual Dare, but this photo intrigued me too much to pass up!




Isabel heard her mum calling. She put a finger to her lips as she listened to her coming up the stairs. There was a tap on the door.

Isabel said, “Come in.”

Her mum’s head poked round the door. “What you doing sweetie?”

“Nothing Mama, just playing dress up.”

“I thought I heard someone talking up here? Isn’t Janet over from next door?”

Isabel pulled a face. “No, there’s no one here. It’s just me, and her.” She pointed at the mirror.

Her mum laughed. “You’re funny.”

Isabel grinned at her.

“I’m downstairs if you need me.”

“Okay mama.”

As she closed the door her mum paused. Something wasn’t right? Hadn’t only Isabel’s head turn when she’d spoken to her? She shook her head. She must be overtired. 

Isabel breathed a sigh of relief and her other half in the mirror rolled her eyes wide. They’d almost been caught. 






No comments :

Post a Comment