Tuesday 2 April 2013

Visual Dare 13 - Atmospheric

Squeezing in my Visual Dare 13 piece before the deadline because the photo prompt was too good to miss! And this is where it took me. Enjoy!



They sat on the bridge and contemplated the view. They knew that it wasn’t long before they would have to negotiate their way through like the hundreds before them.

Jaden looked at Paulie and said, “Have you considered what it will take?”

“Yeah, I have,” Paulie responded, “and I’m not sure I’ve got it.”

“Me neither.” Jaden said in a small voice.

Silence filled their dread and uncertainty as they dangled their feet over the obscured abyss. No one had ever seen the bottom, although many might have felt it, with the mist a permanent cover.

“Why do we have to? Why can’t we choose to stay here where there is guaranteed safety?” Jaden threw a tiny stone into the void to express his annoyance.

Paulie shook his head. “I don’t know, but there’s no point in asking, you know that, it’s the law.”

They resumed their contemplations in silence.




150 Words



1 comment :

  1. Ooo. I need to know about this Law that they fear and obey...or if they'll obey it at all. Moreover, where are they headed....? So many questions! Nice way to hook a reader in!

    ReplyDelete