Saturday 21 June 2014

National Flash Fiction Day - My Flash Flood Journal entry - Matilda




Today is National Flash Fiction Day and there have been many preparations leading up to it. I did submit to the Eating My Word: 2014 National Flash Fiction Day Anthology but unfortunately my piece didn't make it in.

And if I had more time on my hands today I would also be writing for The Write In - a mass flash fiction writing event, where you write something on the day from one of the prompts provided and it goes up on the blog the same day. 

But I did make it in to the Flash Flood Journal, an international flash-fiction journal created by you and edited by a team of volunteer editors on behalf of National Flash-Fiction Day. Every 10 minutes a new piece of Flash is put on the Flash Flood Journal for the full 24 hours of Flash Fiction day.

My entry 'Matilda' went up in the early hours of the morning. I wrote this piece some time ago and am over the moon to find a place for it. It is very dark, and I think funny. You can read it here.

There are some awesome piece in a variety of genres, some worth checking out are:

Meg McNulty's - Curiosity
Susi Holliday's - Cox
Catherine Connolly's - Sampling Spirits
A.J Walker's - Race
Al KratzThe Great Communicator



No comments :

Post a Comment